No department within an organisation has undergone such a profound change as that of IT. The platforms used to deliver IT products and services, the tools-of-the-trade and skillsets required to do the job have changed. On top of all that, the IT function is now being integrated into the company’s other operations and is expected to operate as a business-within-abusiness.
This paper will examine the following:
- The fundamental shift in how IT provides services
- The new platforms behind digital disruption
- The new sourcing landscape
- Running IT as a business
- The importance of collaboration among top-level management
- The shift in CIO from improver to influencer to transformer
- The talent shortage, skills gaps and knowledge leak
Download this paper now to understand how the role of the CIO has been evolving to meet today's new world of IT.