If you’re a health care system, hospital or provider, chances are you feel some pressure to form or join an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). An ACO is a group of doctors and/or hospitals that voluntarily assumes responsibility for the quality and the cost of health care for a defined population of beneficiaries.
The number of ACOs has risen dramatically in recent years. The new health care reality demands that providers deliver quality care while controlling costs. Use these six steps to bring success to your organization in the new reimbursement landscape:
- Understand Your Costs
- Reduce Out-Migration from Your Network
- Maximize Pay-for-Performance Reimbursement
- Identify Early Opportunities for Utilization Reductions
- Support Chronic Care and Disease Management
- Predict Who Will Develop Issues