WP & infographic
Symantec decided several years ago to upgrade its datacenter environment to support its dynamic business requirements. It concluded that a foundational aspect of building a "next-generation secure datacenter" would be to deploy an advanced SDN infrastructure. It carried out a proof of concept (PoC) in 2013 and chose Cisco ACI after completing the PoC process and conducting research on various SDN solutions. Symantec also decided that its deployment of Cisco ACI and its move to a new datacenter environment would serve as opportunities to move IT operations in-house and shift away from using a managed services provider to manage, maintain, and administer its datacenter environment.
The results of the upgrade?
Five-Year Cumulative Benefits:
- $145.11 million in business benefits
- ROI of 441%
- Payback in 11.0 months
- 87% faster application development life cycle
- Zero unplanned Cisco ACI–related downtime
- 40 times more network backbone bandwidth
- 79% more efficient network operations and engineering once fully deployed