The most sophisticated retailers are enabling customers to convert on any channel. After all, shoppers who buy in-store and online have a 30% higher lifetime value than those who shop using only one channel. In other words, omnichannel shoppers are the most valuable customers.
As retailers and brands rush to win the battle for wallet share and loyalty, omnichannel retail is in focus. In this era, retailers must strive to be remarkable by combining physical stores, online, mobile, and social into a seamless brand experience that encourages loyalty. But recent studies have found a gap between consumer expectations and the omnichannel experiences that retailers and brands deliver.
Against that backdrop, this white paper outlines the following five pressing challenges:
- Closing the gap between customer expectations and omnichannel retail execution
- Engaging in a consistent, personalized way across channels
- Focusing on customers instead of products
- Mobilizing stores to serve omnichannel customers
- Weaving omnichannel into the fabric of the retail organization
Read on for an exploration of how retailers and brands can overcome these challenges by embracing and executing upon a cohesive omnichannel strategy.