Data and analytics are the key accelerants of digitalization, transformation and “ContinuousNext” efforts. As a result, data and analytics leaders will be counted upon to affect corporate strategy and value, change management, business ethics, and execution performance.
- Key Findings: Fewer than 50% of documented corporate strategies mention D&A as key components for delivering enterprise value, yet executives perceive information as a critical asset.
- An information language barrier exists between organizations, rooted in ineffective communication across a wide range of diverse stakeholders.
- Organizations that do not measure various aspects of information value have more difficulty developing business cases for information management and monetization initiatives.
- Organizations that fail to develop and enforce formal ethical codes of conduct are at a greater risk of liability from the misuse of data science and AI.
- Few organizations have implemented continuous intelligence capabilities, spanning multiple applications and business functions, because they lack the relevant skills